If you have cracked, leaky, broken, damaged or just plain old windows, its time to invest in replacements. Shopping for and installing Castlerock, CO replacement windows can be stressful and overwhelming, but not if you follow the following 10 tips and tricks.
- Do Your Research- The most important step in any replacement windows project is getting informed. Any and all knowledge you have, be it about the process or the windows themselves, makes you better equipped to make important decisions.
- Check For Performance – High quality replacement windows should have airtight seals for weatherproof performance and energy efficient function. Inspect the corners and edges of potential window frames for cracks and crevices. You should also make sure they tilt or open easily for ventilation and maintenance.
- Trust the Professionals –Your replacement window contractor and vendor should know what they’re talking about from years of experience. Listen to their advice and recommendations when making your decisions.
- Research Extras –Extras like double or triple-paned glass panels not only help keep energy costs down, but also keep unwanted sound out for a more quiet and comfortable home. Investigate extras if you have space in your budget.
- Read the Label – All replacement windows have a label detailing their energy efficiency ratings. Check online for the ideal Castlerock, CO window ratings, and choose a product that matches.
- Follow All Local Codes –There are replacement window installation codes in place in almost every county and state to ensure you and your family’s safety. Make sure you and your contractor are aware of, and follow, all the necessary codes to avoid fees and unsafe conditions.
- Measure –While contractors and professional measure the space before ordering replacement windows, it’s always a good idea to measure yourself as well to be doubly sure your windows will fit.
- Check Again–Double and triple check all of your measurements before giving them to your contractor or retailer. This doubly ensures a good fit and tight seal for weatherproof systems, and can save you the hassle and money loss of windows that don’t fit.
- Install Flashing – Even the highest quality windows can leak at the top without flashing or drip caps. Investing in solid flashing will protect your new replacement windows from water damage.
- Don’t Forget the Trim – It’s easy to forget the finishing touches in the rush of installing new replacement windows, but they won’t look complete without new trim or other finishing touches like new hardware.
United Windows & Siding
United Windows & Siding has years of industry experience to help guide you through shopping for and installing your replacement windows in your Castlerock, CO home. Count on us for customer-centered work and impeccable service. Looking for examples of our work? Visit our showroom at 12090 W 50th Place Unit B, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033.
There is a lot to know about replacement windows, but with the above tips and help from United Windows & Siding, you’re sure to have a great experience. Call today at 720-535-4767 to learn more.