Window shutters have been used on Wheat Ridge, CO replacement windows probably since Colorado first became a state. Before window glass was invented, shutters were used to let air and light into a home during the day, or to protect the home at night or during bad weather. Even though all windows these days have glass, shutters are still a great addition to your home. Shutters are decorative and functional, as they can help keep the sun from warming your home too much when it’s hot outside, add extra protection from break ins and bad weather, and can add lots of classic style to your house’s décor.
Both indoor and outdoor window shutters can be made in many different styles and type, from different louver sizes, construction, to varied design and more. Read on to learn more about the different types of window shutters so you can find a wonderful option for your house.
- Café Shutters – Café shutters are named for the French cafes in which they were originally used. These window shutters only cover the bottom half of a window, and generally have louvers.
- Ellipse Arch Shutters -These window shutters are always a special touch, as they cover the half-circle archways often seen on customized windows. Their louvers open in a semi-circular pattern.
- Shaker Shutters – Shaker window shutters are known for their simple style and ultimate functionality. They are often plain in a traditional way, and can complement a classically designed home.
- Panel Shutters – Panel window shutters look like small, skinny doors. Solid with a colonial feel, they generally are made up of a wood panel, vapor barrier and a decorative covering.
- Plantation Shutters – Probably the most well-known and used shutter type, Plantation window shutters have wide louvers that make it easy to block unwanted light and temperature alike. When open, their large slats allow for a wider outdoor view. When closed they have a tight fit that blocks weather.
- Rake Top Shutters – Similar to Ellipse Arch Shutters, Rake Top window shutters are usually customized shutters for unusually shaped window tops. Their slats move on angles so even the sharpest window corner is still operable.
- Cutout Shutters – Cutout shutters have customizable shapes and designs cut out of the louvers. You can have ship or star cutouts for a nautical home, or geometric shapes for a modern space.
These are only a few of the many different kinds of shutters you can get for your replacement windows. If you want to learn more about replacement windows in Wheat Ridge, CO or have questions about which shutters to choose, United Windows & Siding can help. We have years of replacement window experience, and would be happy to put our expertise to work helping you and your home. Please pay us a visit at 12090 W 50th Pl Unit B Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, or give us a call at 720-535-4767 to learn more about what we can do for you and your replacement windows.